Friday, September 23, 2011

Two Trimesters

Wow, I can't hardly believe we are down to the last trimester before baby Iris joins us.
It has been an interesting two trimesters beginning with morning (ALL DAY rather) sickness, anxiety, excitement, nervousness, paranoia to a growing waistline, tummy flutters, bigger butt, gas, heartburn, a barely there belly button and now, best of all, a very active baby moving about enough for Luis and me to see from the outside.
It is such a bizarre thing to try and prepare for something you can hardly comprehend... soo...We're bringing a real human being into the world and we have to take care of her...all the time...forever... OH, and the way she enters the world is rather uncomfortable. :) What a concept! What a blessing!
One of the best and worst things about being pregnant - the unsolicited advice. I have always been up for hearing the tips and tricks of being a good parent. I enjoy peoples' diverse opinions and learning about all the different paths you may take. Where the advice seems to gets a little obnoxious...(I'm sorry men)...with men...older men I should say. I'm not sure what makes someone think it's a good idea to say "It's all down hill from here." "You're life is over." "Well, you did it to yourself." WHAT PEOPLE? Seriously, think twice. :) I do have to laugh though. People are funny.
So now that this little human is blinking her eyes, growing hair, sleeping and waking at regular intervals and doing somersaults, her coming is becoming more and more real. Luis can't get enough of her (by way of my stomach). I think Daddy's nickname of 'Iris Papyrus' will stick around for the long run. It's so neat to watch his excitement and watch him bond with her even though she's not yet arrived - I don't think he's going to put her down once she's here. :) Her Daddy loves her so much already!
ME - All I want to do is sit and watch my stomach bounce around. I poke at her and it seems like she knows and pokes back. I wonder if she knows my voice.
I can't wait till she's here. Two trimesters down. One to go and then it's showtime.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet Iris!!!! She's already a celebrity and she's not even here yet :)

    ReplyDelete