Friday, April 30, 2010

All Is Relevant

Happy Friday.
Dictionary.com "rel·e·vant [rel-uh-vuhnt]–adjective.Bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a relevant remark."
Today I attended my *NEW* small group for the first time.
Months back, Luis and I attended a small group, made up of wonderful couples, however for some reason, I just did not fit. I felt "too new" to the Bible to ask questions and/or really participate in discussion. This wasn't because of how others made me feel, only myself lacking the confidence.
We haven't attended that small group in a while, and quite frankly, I hadn't really had the desire to be in a small group until recently.
A new friend invited me to join her small group - there is 4 girls (including me) ages 20-24. It is AMAZING how today, already, I have been positively impacted and may have even impacted others.
It felt good. No pressure. Easy.
We each discussed what we have been learning from God recently. It was crazy how relevant each of our stories were to each other. I shared James 4: 13-17. We all have trouble with NOT planning. But it was very encouraging to discuss this and to remind each other that it's not up to us; what we will do and where we will end up - God won't let us down. He will guide us. We just need to remember to listen to him.
Another one of the girls talked about being a good wife. She talked about the little things and how they all make a difference. She's right. (I was feeling a little guilty because last night I wasn't very sympathetic or patient with Luis. He wasn't feeling well and I basically just disregarded it...) Always a good reminder "Patience is Love" and Luis would do the same for me.
I am so excited for our time together in small group.
God has opened so many doors for me. I am so excited to take the next step. I pray that I look to God and listen to him. I pray that I allow him to work through me and that my desire to know more only grows.

2 comments:

  1. Love this girl, You got a knack for writing! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo glad you are in the group! You added so much on Friday and we are going to miss you this week. God is growing you exponentially Sarah, and your Joy in Him is evident to everyone you come into contact with. You have impacted me greatly and I'm so excited to see our friendship continue to grow as we both reach for Him :) Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete